Just Checking In is a feature on the blog where I’ll pop in to share what I’ve been working on and the progress I’m making towards my goals. Accountability, baby!
April was a pretty big month productivity-wise. May will be complete shit, but that’s because I’ll be busy doing other things, and those are kind of exciting! More on that below. 🙂
In April, I:
- Attended Social Tools Summit: At the beginning of the month, I went to Boston to rep Mention at a social media conference and see folks like Neal Schaffer and Ann Handley. And y’all know how I love tools, so this particular niche area of social was awesome to spend a day with!
- Went back to Broadway Bodies: After a month of illness, injuries, and general business, I had been slacking on dance classes. But this month I made it to one Beyonce class and two rehearsals of our Prince tribute number.
- Revamped my “Hire Me” page for content marketing: I’ve been playing around with Thrive Content Builder to make my static pages a bit more polished. I’ve only redone one so far, but I’m in love with the look!
- Played in the city with my mommy: My mom came to visit for a few days last weekend and it was so much fun! I got her hooked on a new Netflix show, as usual (Grace and Frankie, btw. Watch it.). We went to a street fair and played in Central Park (visited the fake F.R.I.E.N.D.S. fountain!). Aaaand we used her nice camera to take some pics and headshots I can use on here. They turned out amazing – I can’t wait to edit and start using them!
In May, I’ll:
- Go to Chicago for BEA: Super excited to be headed to Book Expo America and BloggerCon again this year! I’m leading a discussion table about monetizing book blogs and how I did it with my book review planner. Alex is coming with me and we’re extending it into a bit of a vacation since we’ve both wanted to see Chicago for a long time. Wheeee!
- Make some ecourse moves: I’m participating in Sara Frandina’s #JustWrite challenge, so I’m spending at least 30 minutes a day writing for myself – not my clients or day job. So far I’ve been alternating writing ecourse lessons with smaller stuff like blog posts and stuff for Book Bumblings.
- Spend time with families: Start of the summer always means we start heading to Alex’s parents’ more often to go to the beach. We also have a Bar Mitzvah on his side of the family and a barbecue on mine – both in the same weekend. Each about two hours away. In opposite directions. Oy!
What I Wrote:
- Workflow Automation: A Solopreneur’s Secret Weapon – Blog Bolder
- 3 Ways Trello Can Organize Your Solo Biz – One Woman Shop
- 7 Ways to Make Your Next Expert Round-Up Stand Out – Outbrain
- 5 Ways PR Pros Can Use Social Media Sentiment – PR Daily
- How to Grow Your Email List With 2-Step Opt-Ins – Blog Bolder
- 7 Tools for School Social Media Teams – Mention
- 9 Tools for More Organized Influencer Research – Mention
- How to Be Unbreakable: 7 Girlboss Lessons from Kimmy Schmidt – Blog Bolder
- 10 Content Marketing Tips for Dry or Boring Industries – Mention
- 7 Steps I Took to Make a Blog Post Go Viral – Blog Bolder
What I Read:
- Level Up Your Business: Advice from 24 Entrepreneurs – Becky Mollenkamp
- The Best Content Curators Follow This Surprisingly Simple Framework – SumoMe
- How Every NYC TV Character Would Vote in the NY Primary – Vulture
- Don’t Leave it On The Shelf: 3 Fresh Approaches to Repurposing Your Old Assets – Uberflip
- How to Create Time-Saving Systems for Your Business and Blog – Melyssa Griffin
- Self-Care for the Solopreneur (Or Anyone, For That Matter) – Jess Lawlor
So, how was your month?